Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Idiotkovic...

I've recently switched cell phone operator and now I have LIFE. That's wonderful since I have free calls to everybody else with a LIFE number, but apparently the whole idea of free calls inspires certain people to do somewhat stupid things.

Four nights ago my wife Jeannette got a call from somebody who knew no English. He called a few times, laughed a lot with his drinking buddies and hung up again.

Later the same evening the same guy called me (my number is only one digit different from Jeannette's). He said "My name is Vova" which is a quote from a Ukrainian tv-commercial, but that was the only English he knew. He called again and again and again. After a few calls I started yelling at him and told him to stop calling me. That didn't help. Then I decided to use a sense of humor and I started singing songs to him in Danish, English, plus a little German and French when he called. That kind of had the opposite effect. He started calling even more frequently, and after 15 calls that evening, I put him in my contact list as IDIOTKOVIC and stopped picking up the phone.

He has called a few times every day since. I wonder when my phone will ring and I'll see "Idiotkovic calling" on the display again? In fact I kind of miss him...he hasn't called me today yet...:-)

Torben

1 comment:

Merete said...

Hehe, that's a great story! Say hi to him from me ;o)