Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sorry

It has been brought to my attention that some have read my previous post called "The joys and sorrows of Facebook" and have seen it as me being judgmental. I am so sorry that that's how I've come off. I have no intention of judging anybody. I obviously don't know what's going on in peoples' hearts and where anybody is at with God, and yet I am concerned about many people I know.

Is that concern born out of a love for people? I hope so. I am a discipleship trainer. That's my job, my calling, and who I am. And I want more out of life. More of the abundant life that Jesus promised. More for myself and more for others.

Sometimes it gets overboard, and I end up challenging too much or in inappropriate ways, or I am plain, old wrong.

I am sorry to anybody who has felt judged by my clumsy attempt to express the sadness I do have in my heart regarding friends who seem to be far away from God. And I apologize that I didn't mention that obviously my sadness and concern is more based on personal contact than on a Facebook-profile.

In Christ's service (also when I'm clumsy:-))

Torben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Torbin and Jeannette,
I was reading your blog site today and read your "Sorry' post. I moved down to the previous post,and I must say, all I could see was the heart of someone who loves Jesus with an all consuming passion--someone who desires each of his brothers and sisters to be fully devoted to the One who deserves all of our full devotion. I saw a heart of love, in the image of Christ, burdened as Christ was, as He wept over Jerusalem, for the lost, blind and bound. Paul expressed this same passion as he wrote the Corinthians. I just wanted you to know I heard that love, Christ's love, in your blog. It is a deeper love,and very often, a misunderstood love from the world point of view and even from within His Body of believers. But it is a supreme love. I encourage you to continue in His love, for Him and for others---for His glory.

Donna Krombholz (Wanda Thomas' cousin- in Tennessee)