Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Now in English!

Hey! Kiev, Ukraine, February 1, 2006

This is a world premiere! My first blog ever in English. For a while you've been able to view and read my Danish blog www.riisjensen.dk/torben, but since it's a fairly limited number of people who speak and read Danish, I've decided to make an English version.

I'll be writing on a fairly regular basis on my thoughts on life, my relationship to God and loads of other subjects!

I work here in Kiev with Youth With A Mission, www.ywam.org and www.ywamkyiv.org. My wife and I just came here to Kiev three weeks ago, so everything is still very new.

I was born in Denmark 29 years ago and I've lived there most of my life. I've done a lot of travelling both as a normal tourist, as a bagpacker and as a missionary. I've been to 31 countries so far, but my goal is to join the Century Club (for people who've been to more than 100 countries) before too long:-) This week the founder of Youth With A Mission, Loren Cunningham's sister Janice Rogers has been here to Kiev doing a writer's seminar, and her brother is one of the very few people who has been to every single country in the world! That's of course my ultimate goal, but the next one is 50 countries, then 100 and then I'll go for all of them!

My stomach is telling me that it's time to get some food.

Talk to you all later!

You are of course more than welcome to leave comments, questions and whatever else you feel like!

In Christ!
Torben Riis Jensen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Torben's thoughts in English! They're usually pretty interesting (and often humorous) in person... I'm looking forward to your english posts!